Advertisement

Ocon Was “Very Close” to Mercedes Seat - Veganism ‘Eradicated’ Hamilton’s Energy Issues

Ocon Was “Very Close” to Mercedes Seat - Veganism ‘Eradicated’ Hamilton’s Energy Issues 0:08 - Ocon Was “Very Close” to Mercedes Seat
1:00 - Veganism ‘Eradicated’ Hamilton’s Energy Issues
2:05 - Fast Feed

Ocon Was “Very Close” to Mercedes Seat

Esteban Ocon was linked with a Mercedes drive right up until he signed with Renault late last year. Many speculated that Ocon was in close contention for the second seat at Mercedes for 2020 alongside Hamilton but in the end they opted to remain with Bottas.

When Ocon was asked how close he feels he was to getting that Mercedes contract he had the following to say:

“Very close, and until the last moment there were discussions. But that's done now and I have to look ahead and what I have in front of me.”

“I don't think I am going to go into details. Maybe if you ask Toto. I think it was only him taking the decision, but I think he can explain it better. He explained it to me also, but his main reason is that of course I am still young and I have time.”

“I'm still managed by Mercedes, which is different to the actual team. But the future is long in Formula One and I'm sure we will see each other again.”


Veganism ‘Eradicated’ Hamilton’s Energy Issues

Lewis Hamilton has been at the top of his game and the sport for several years now and as he ages he admits he’s always looking for ways to maintain his advantage and credits his shift to veganism as a main factor.

"Ultimately, you want to feel great. You have to have energy, to be consistent. You don't want to have the big oscillations and highs and lows in your energy levels. Veganism has eradicated that.”

"When I was 22, it was raw talent. You've got an abundance of energy, you're fit and there are no aches and pains. But I'm always looking at how I can improve. Can my eyesight be better? Can my reactions be improved? Are there new ways of testing my reactions. There's a multitude of things and I'm always trying to raise the bar.”

''One of the things was my sleeping pattern and not feeling right in the stomach. Your gut is your second brain. We're taught to drink milk and eat meat for protein and I started looking into other areas of research around all this. The first thing was, what's happening to the animals? Secondly, the impact it can have on your body. That's a free advantage I'm going to take. If no one else wants it, well that's their loss."


Fast Feed

- It appears Haas is switching to their previous colour scheme as they alluded to in several online posts showing new branding
- Alfa Romeo driver Antonio Giovinazzi says he is ready for a "difficult season" as he expects the midfield battle to remain tight in 2020
- Ferrari team boss Mattia Binotto has recently stated that he believes the competition in F1 has “never been as strong as it is today”
- Former F1 team boss Flavio Briatore has come out saying that “at least 5 or 6 drivers, including Alonso” would have won the 2019 title if they were given a Mercedes
- F1s TV audience has grown to it’s highest figures since 2012 where it reached a cumulative audience of 1.922 billion over the 21 races
- Fernando Alonso has officially cut ties with McLaren after being an ambassador following his departure from the F1 team
- Racing Point team boss Otmar Szafnauer has opened up about his teams expectations and how important patience is: “In F1, everything takes time. However, Lawrence is ambitious. But he must understand: nothing happens overnight.”
- Zandvoort track data is being held back from the teams in an attempt to make the initial race more interesting
- It’s been reported that somebody has stolen and offered to sell pictures of Michael Schumacher for £1 million. The pictures which haven’t been released reportedly show him lying in bed

Esteban Ocon,Ocon,Renault,Mercedes,Bottas,Hamilton,Lewis Hamilton,Vegan,Veganism,Hamilton Vegan,Lewis Hamilton Vegan,Hamilton Veganism,Lewis Hamilton Veganism,F1,F1 news,Formula World,Dillon Shelley,Latest F1 news,Haas,Alfa Romeo,Giovinazzi,Mattia Binotto,Ferrari,Flavio Briatore,Alonso,Fernando Alonso,Otmar Szafnauer,Lawrence Stroll,Racing Point,Zanvoort,Michael Schumacher,

Post a Comment

0 Comments