Advertisement

4 Ways To Play FAST 16th Notes With One Hand

4 Ways To Play FAST 16th Notes With One Hand Last week I got an email from one of my drum students... Wayne Capone. He asked: "What do you feel is the best technique to get single handed sixteenth notes on the hi-hat up to a good speed (say 110bpm +)? Is it push pull? Is it Moeller? Is it French grip ( I know that's how many blast beats do it - but I don't really like that - feels somewhat "light" and "awkward"). I'd love to hear your thoughts and how you do it."

In response, I decided to outline a physical punk drumming lesson... like how to drum like Travis Barker... or how to drum like Tre' Cool as well as blast beats. I even talk about some Stuart Copeland drumming... In contrast, I put that physical style against more momentum-driven styles like Moeller technique and Push Pull Technique.

I rely on drummer like you to spread the word about this channel... please like the video and share it with other drummers... you can Subscribe here:

98% of drummers FAIL this simple challenge, will you?...

Follow me on:
Website:
Youtube:
Facebook:
Twitter:
Instagram:
TikTok:
LinkedIn:

#punkdrumming #blastbeats #pushpull #moeller

Jay Fenichel,drummers almanac,the drummers almanac,single handed,sixteenth notes,how to play fast 16th notes,how to drum like tre cool,how to drum like stewart copeland,moeller technique drums,moeller technique,push pull technique,push pull drums,push pull technique drums,stewart copeland drumming,blast beats,punk drumming lesson,How to drum like Travis Barker,push pull,

Post a Comment

0 Comments