Advertisement

How I Regulate Tough Emotions

How I Regulate Tough Emotions So sorry for the blurriness but I'm not tryna re-record the whole video. I was out of focus the whole time lol.

Hi!

I'm Brianna. I am studying Public Health and on a pre-med track in undergrad right now, but this past year has made me incredibly interested in emotional and spiritual wellbeing, especially for young people because our brains are still so malleable; the earlier, the better!!

These areas of emotional and spiritual wellbeing are not very highly emphasized in the field of allopathic (or Western) medicine, which is where my inspiration comes from.

When it IS taken into account, it tends to be expensive, an extra therapy cost, not easily accessible to people of all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds. People deserve healthcare that accounts for the interconnectedness of their physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual states. How can someone with conditioned toxic thought patterns be expected to go out and achieve their purpose in the world, or optimal spiritual health, if they are held back by mental unwellness? How can someone with physical ailments be expected to have optimal mental health? Sure, there are people who are able to, but it is difficult because they are all connected. Not reflecting this in healthcare is doing a disservice to humanity.

Social media has brought on new possibilities because people can have access to cognitive-behavorial therapy techniques, emotional regulation techniques, etc. etc. all with the cost of just having internet!! I have also found a key niche within this social media emotional and spiritual wellness community to be people younger than the age of 30. Of course, everyone is welcome, but I have found that usually these pages are curated by older women who are just a bit further from being a young adult like I am! I know what people at this age go through, and I hope to offer you all a safe space of understanding, advice, and mutual learning.

Thank you so much for watching this video and all of your support!

Emotions

Post a Comment

0 Comments