Advertisement

Canon 60Da vs. Regular DSLR for Astrophotography

Canon 60Da vs. Regular DSLR for Astrophotography Comparing the Canon 60Da to a Regular DSLR camera for Astrophotography

More Examples using the 60Da:

The Canon EOS 60Da is more sensitive to the h-alpha emission line (656nm) which lets it record more signal in several deep sky objects (particularly emission nebulae).

Despite what I say in the intro, I capture the EAGLE nebula using the Canon 60Da and a 7D Mark II (stock).

I tried my best to process the data in a similar fashion. It's tough to do an apples-to-apples comparison when using integrations of varying lengths. However, I think the added Ha sensitivity of the Canon 60Da is evident in the results.

Canon EOS 7D Mark II Data:

12 x 3-minutes @ ISO 800

Canon EOS 60Da Data:

27 x 3-minutes @ ISO 800

#Canon60Da

Canon 60Da,Astrophotography Camera,DSLR,Canon EOS 60Da,Canon 60Da vs. regular DSLR,Examples,Comparison,

Post a Comment

0 Comments